Monday 28 January 2013

Font Research

For some of our film, text will be included, such as the titles and the name of the movie and it will also be used on our poster/magazine cover. For this it will help look professional if we use the same font for each, as it will help the audience recognise the film easier and will help grow knowledge about the film. To help choose our font I shall pick out several suitable fonts and then compare them and list the advantages and disadvantages and then finally decide on a font to use.

Some possibilities include:


These are several fonts that I have found on the internet that are copyright free. Below I will analyse each one and maybe decide if i want to use any of them in my trailer.

I like Face your Fears as it looks as if it has been written in blood, which would make sense as our film is a Horror were people get killed. However I don't think it would be right for our trailer for some reason, so for this reason we wouldn't use this font in our trailer.

True lies is similar to Face your fears however it looks as if it has been scratched on the area which is a nice effect however as our killer is more of a psychological killer I don't think it would be right for him to of left physical evidence in this manner. So for this reason True lies is also a no.

Feast of flesh is very Horror like, however I feel it is more of a zombie film font. This is exactly the same as Zombified, which is why I will not choose either of these for my trailer.

Frankentype is like True Lies and seems to be scratched onto something however it doesn't have the slant that True Lies does. For this reason I prefer Frankentype however it still isn't what I'm looking for.

Out of the whole selection this next font is my favourite for the task. Cold night for alligators looks like it has been written in somebody's blood. My favourite part is the handprint as if it has been written by one of the victims. However I believe this font to be too busy for the use I need it for and if used it may attract too much attention and draw away from more important parts of the shot or poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment