Wednesday 27 February 2013

Poster Research

I am also going to create a poster for our film. For this I need to understand the Cliches and conventions of posters, I can do this by evaluating current posters from other films from the same Genre. Below are several examples of Poster from the Horror/Thriller genre. I have chosen all of the posters below as I think they all are effective Horror posters, I will list what makes each seperate poster good.



This is a poster for One Missed Call, in the poster shows a creepy face on the phone. The thing I like about this poster is the fact it has a good Unique selling point, in this case it is the eyes. They are what looks like a females mouth screaming, in this case this is what will draw the attention of the possible audience of the film.




This is a poster for the Amityville Horror. In this poster you can see a person holding a shotgun in front of a house. But all this is depicted in what looks to be the reflection of a knife. I like this poster as it is obvious it is a Horror film and will attract the target audience very well. It does this well as the knife, the shotgun and the font all suggest that the film is a Horror. I especially like the font and the way that the Y has dripped as if its written in blood. I would like to do something like this in my poster as I think it is very effective.





I like this poster as it clearly shows the main character of the film that this is a sequel too. I think this is an effective method of bringing back a previous fan base of the film, which can overly help to grow the sales of the film.










No comments:

Post a Comment